Release date: February 2017
Valid through: February 2020
This activity is intended for acute care physicians, chiefs of medicine, hospital administrators, nurse managers, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, social workers, and chaplains.
- ASBH to address lack of national standard for ethics consultation
- Update on national standard for training of ethics consultants
- Ethicists survey clinicians to demonstrate benefits of consults
- Common pitfalls in quality assessment of ethics programs
- VHA shares its comprehensive approach to ethics evaluation
- Ethicists respond to growing complexity of the cases they see
- Novel approach to identify quality measures for ethics
- Burdensome hospital readmissions are an ethical concern
- Discuss new developments in regulation and healthcare system approaches to bioethical issues applicable to specific healthcare systems;
- Explain the implications for new developments in bioethics as it relates to all aspects of patient care and healthcare delivery in institutional settings;
- Discuss the effect of bioethics on patients, their families, physicians, and society.
- Maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
This activity is sponsored by AHC Media.
AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Consulting Editor: Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD
Nurse Planner: Susan Solverson, BSN, RN, CMSRN
Editor: Jill Drachenberg
Ebook Design Specialist: Dana Spector
Consulting Editor Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD, Nurse Planner Susan Solverson, BSN, RN, CMSRN, Editor Jill Drachenberg, Ebook Design Specialist Dana Spector, and Contributing Editor Stacey Kusterbeck report no consultant, stockholder, speakers’ bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2017, AHC Media. All rights reserved.