Release date: January 2017
Valid through: January 2020
This activity is intended for physicians and researchers interested in complementary and alternative medicine.
- Calcium and Cardiovascular Risk Updates: The Bare Bones
- Suicide and Religious Service Attendance
- Chocolate Consumption and MI Risk
- Supplements Instead of Food? A Specific Case for Yes
- Present evidence-based clinical analyses of commonly used alternative therapies;
- Make informed, evidence-based recommendations to clinicians about whether to consider using such therapies in practice;
- Describe and critique the objectives, methods, results and conclusions of useful, current, peer-reviewed clinical studies in alternative medicine as published in the scientific literature.
- Maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 2 AOA Category 2-B credits
This activity is sponsored by AHC Media.
AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Osteopathic Association has approved this continuing education activity for up to 2 AOA Category 2-B credits.
Luke Fortney, MD, Family and Integrative Medicine, Sauk Prairie Healthcare, River Valley Clinic, Spring Green, WI
Ellen Feldman, MD, Altru Health System, Grand Forks, ND
Rebecca L. Fahey, MD, PhD, MBA, Integrative Medicine Epidemiologist, Wheeling, WV
David Kiefer, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin; Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson
Executive Editor: David Kiefer, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin; Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson
AHC Media Executive Editor: Leslie Coplin
Assistant Editor: Jonathan Springston
Authors Luke Fortney, MD; Ellen Feldman, MD; and Rebecca L. Fahey, MD, PhD, MBA, report no financial relationships relevant to this field of study.
Integrative Medicine Alert's Executive Editor David Kiefer, MD, Peer Reviewer Suhani Bora, MD, AHC Media Executive Editor Leslie Coplin, and Assistant Editor Jonathan Springston report no financial relationships relevant to this field of study.
Copyright 2017, AHC Media. All rights reserved.