Release date: February 2017
Valid through: February 2020
This activity is intended for infection preventionists and healthcare epidemiologists.
- Is Infection Prevention a Bipartisan Issue? APIC Urges IP Advocacy
- A New Focus on PPE Compliance
- CDC Updating HCW Infection Control Guidelines
- Healthcare Workers Fired for Refusing Flu Shots Win Legal Fight
- Research on Antibiotics Raises Ethical Questions
- SHEA Epidemiologists training for ‘All Hazards” Outbreaks
- Joint Commission Antibiotic Stewardship in Effect
- Identify the clinical, legal, or educational issues encountered by infection preventionists and epidemiologists:
- Describe the effect of infection control and prevention issues on nurses, hospitals, or the healthcare industry in general:
- Cite solutions to the problems encountered by infection preventionists based on guidelines from the relevant regulatory authorities, and/or independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions.
This activity is sponsored by AHC Media.
AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 1.5 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Senior Writer Gary Evans
Medical Editors: Patrick Joseph, MD, Chief of Epidemiology
San Ramon (CA) Regional Medical Center and
President, California Infection Control
Program Manager: Patti Grant, RN, BSN, MS, CIC
Director: Infection Prevention/Quality
Methodist Hospital for Surgery Addison, TX
Editor: Jill Drachenberg
Ebook Design Specialist: Dana Spector
Financial Disclosure: Senior Writer Gary Evans, Editor Jill Drachenberg, Ebook Design Specialist Dana Spector, Peer Reviewer Patrick Joseph, MD, and Nurse Planner Patti Grant, RN, BSN, MS, CIC report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2017, AHC Media. All rights reserved.